Ground Master Engineering Acquisition
Role of CDI Office
CDI was engaged in a two Stage process. Stage 1 was initially to evaluate whether the clients business should be divested. It was agreed this would occur, however during the marketing phase the economic downturn made this the wrong time to sell.
Stage 2 occurred at a later date. A suitable acquisition target was identified and CDI was engaged to review the business fundamentals of the target and assist the client during the Non Binding letter of Offer, Due Diligence and Sale Contract stage.
- CDI was engaged for the following activities;
- Develop the Divestment Plan with the Owner
- Develop the Information Memorandum
- Identify acquirers of the business
- Contact the potential acquirers and manage communication with each acquirer
The process was stopped at this point.
Acquisition of an identified target. This involved;
- Conduct initial due diligence into the business fundamentals of the target.
- Review included desktop analysis and meeting with the target to review the business and investigate specific issues.
- Meet with client and identify synergy benefits and acquisition risks
- Submit report to client on the target
- Assist with the development of the Non Binding Offer
- Assist the client with the finalization of the Non Binding Offer
- Assist the client with issues occurring due the due diligence and development of the legal documents
Description of Client
Since 1975 GME has been a manufacturer and supplier of a diverse range of products for Defence, Automotive, Transport, Mining & Construction and more recently, the Aviation industry. With extensive research and development expertise, GME can design, develop and prototype or modify of any new or existing products from large scale specialist refrigeration units to precision laser cutting and a vast range of specialised Materials Handling, storage and transport equipment.
Description of the Westlink
The Westlink Group is a full-service engineering company, with the in-house know-how, personnel, equipment and facilities to provide outstanding end-to-end engineering services.