This service will help business owners get ready for a transaction. The Advisory Service augments holistic approach to investment banking and specifically assists clients and prospective clients whose owners or Board are ready to sell, but their business may not be. Engagements align all parties to achieve a singular objective in a timely fashion - a successful transaction at maximum value, rather than a failed process or reduced valuation.
Our advisors and industry experts work with sellers to prepare their company for an effective sale process that attracts the right buyers and yields the highest value to the seller. In doing so, our team does the following:
- We analyze the acquisitions market for a seller’s industry sector on the basis of recent transactions and important economic trends.
- We explore historical financial performance for the seller with a focus on trends in key revenue and expense items as well as factors that could represent buyer perceptions of risk or extraordinary and/or nonrecurring expenses that should be adjusted in preparing a normalized historical financial performance statement. Such adjustments help to calculate a realistic valuation of a seller’s business.
- We work together with sellers to clarify and/or articulate a coherent and compelling growth strategy for the next 3-5 years, including key assumptions regarding top-line revenue growth and fixed and variable expense categories affect profit margins.
- We explore with a seller how to strengthen competitive positioning as well as strengthen financial positioning in terms of factors such as customer concentration, customer profitability, technology and/or product line, functional and/or geographic market coverage, etc. The purpose is to understand how best to portray a seller’s management, organization, operations, competitive strengths, upside growth potential, and other important topics to be covered in an Information Memorandum.
- We help the client think through the ideal types of buyers for their company (including both essential and desirable attributes) along with the process and timeline for approaching and developing buyer interest.